How efficient is Solar Technology for Buildings
Solar energy is used in a wide variety of devices from a calculator to the kitchen and from agricultural technology to space technology touch screen signage. But over the years, it is being used in buildings more widely.
There are several reasons why buildings are increasingly turning to solar sources, which are detailed below.
- Increased energy consumption
- Environmental awareness
- Global climate change
- Implication / advantage of CSR for corporate buildings
- Attraction towards cleaner and renewable energy
- High social value and increased property value
Why are buildings going solar?
Solar energy is a renewable greentouch.com, clean and freely accessible source of energy. Per capita energy consumption is growing at an alarming rate. The price of energy is also reaching high figures.
Buildings are now built with energy efficiency in mind. The goal is to minimize energy consumption and use solar energy as an alternative, which has multiple benefits
Four aspects are there of energy competence in a building where technology plays a key role. These are:
- Before construction – zero energy passive building design.
- During construction – the use of low-energy building materials.
- Energy efficient equipment – To make the operational energy requirement low.
- Integration with other applications – finally, integration of renewable energy technologies for various applications.
7 Advantages of using solar energy in buildings
Unlimited resources: Solar energy is a renewable energy that never ends its supply.
Low environmental impact: Depending on the scale of the installed system, from photovoltaic panels distributed on rooftops to large energy marketers, solar technologies can produce less environmental pollution.
Energy individuality: It happens to make the buildings energy independent as well as puts a reduced amount of pressure on natural energy bases.
Skill for additions: You can expand your PV installations effortlessly as they are modular.
Versatile: It might get used in numerous ways and for numerous applications.
Portable: Easy to carry.
Post-Installation is Zero: Once the infrastructure has been installed, there will be no cost after that (except the change of inverter and batteries).
3 ways solar buildings are efficient
- Solar-powered buildings improve the efficiency of the heating and cooling system by 30 percent through the proper installation of a new HVAC system. The cost of operating a high-efficiency solar water heater can be reduced by 90% in solar-efficient buildings.
- When low-e (Low-e) window glazing is used, it helps reduce the need for space cooling by approximately 40 percent. A light-colored roof lowers the temperature of a roof by absorbing less than 50 percent of the solar energy.
- When using energy efficient lamps and appliances, a solar building can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 30 percent.
Solar-powered buildings are quite efficient at conserving energy in a number of ways. By using the latest solar energy technologies, buildings can save 30-40% of their energy consumption. It is also possible to become a net zero energy building owner when it creates more energy than it uses. Without a doubt, buildings with solar energy with proper use of technology are more efficient in energy consumption.